Download the Open Riding Rules (PDF)
OPEN RIDING Rules and Conditions
Schedules for open riding times and dates are posted monthly AtTheExpo.com.
Please check for up-to-date changes on our FB page or text alerts.
Please follow these conditions and rules to ensure a fun and safe experience for everyone:
(If only one barn is available, please refrain from using equipment in the barn. )
- Be courteous and friendly to other riders and fair staff personnel.
- If you wish to use the facilities to give paid lessons, arrange with the office to rent an arena.
- An equipment barn will be designated for each month.
Please observe all fire lanes (including not parking between barns.)
- Please scoop your poop and dispose of all manure/waste in designated areas only.
- Parking areas are designated. Barker-North; Krouse-South side.
Due to safety concerns please observe:
- Please be out of the barn, with trailers loaded and ready to leave, at the posted closing hour.
By agreeing to these rules, any violation can result in:
- Lunging and groundwork are to be observed safely in BARKER BARN ONLY
- No loose horses in arenas
- No alcoholic beverages or glass containers by the barns or arenas
- Please do not tie horses to arena fencing
- Keep animals on leashes
- Suspension of permit/privileges and/or Refusal to renew pass
All activities on these grounds are subject to the Equine Inherent Risk Law: Oregon Revised Statute 30.689. By your presence on these grounds you have indicated that you have accepted the limits of liability resulting in inherent risks of equine activities.
In consideration for the purchase of your Riding Pass, by signing below, I RELEASE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY the Jackson County Expo and its employees and agents from all claims for property damage, injury or death which I may suffer or for which I may be liable to others, arising out of the use of the facility, whether such claims are for negligence or any other theory of recovery, except for intentional misconduct. By signing below, I acknowledge, by using the facility, that I understand that engaging in Horse activities constitutes involvement in potentially hazardous and dangerous activity with the risk of personal injury, including death and loss or damage to personal property. By using this pass and signing below, I VOLUNTARILY ASSUME THOSE RISKS. I agree to obey all rules and regulations.
This facility requires a permit to ride. All riders must register at the office. Failure to do so is a violation of ORS 164.125 Theft of Service.